Skip to main content

2014 Resolutions Deserve Their Own Post

So I touched on some 2014 resolutions when I wrote this post.

Well, I got to thinking that a list of resolutions deserved their own post. I also thought they should be bulleted, checklist-style, for easy referencing. Then, upon further reflection, I thought of a few more things I'd like to add.

So without further adieu, here's my complete and reformatted 2014 Resolution list:
  • Read 52 Books
  • Paint 52 Paintings
  • Exercise Every Day
  • Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
  • Write at Least Eight Reviews for Columbus Underground
  • Keep Up With My Social Medias
  • Record With Jim Diamond in Detroit
  • Take a Continuing Education Class at CCAD
  • Fix My Scooter
  • Rake Leaves
  • Get a New Car
  • Paint the Living Room Dining Room, Stairwell and Hallway
  • Enroll in a Krav Maga Self-Defense Class
  • Establish a Primary Care Physician
  • Get All Those Horrid Tests Men My Age Get
  • Listen to More (New) Music
  • Buy More Local Music
  • Take My Lovely Wife Out More
  • Talk My Lovely Wife Into a Trip To Ireland
  • Barring That - Take Some Sort of Travel Vacation!
  • Listen More
  • Be More Patient
  • Be More Understanding
  • Ask More Questions
  • Ask Better Questions
  • Leave Things Better Than I Found Them
 That's the plan anyway. I'll check back at the end of the year. As per my original post, wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ohio Historical Center: A Defense

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by Carrie Ghose at Business First to share my thoughts on architecture in central Ohio. The recent controversy surrounding the new Student Union at Ohio State had apparently sparked a number of conversations regarding what constitutes "good" building design. Carrie was following that story , and developing a second piece to get feedback on other notable Columbus buildings. At the time I offered a staunch a defense of what I believe might be the most maligned and misunderstood building in central Ohio, the Ohio Historical Center. Business First wasn't able to run the whole piece, so I've decided to turn it into a blog post. photo courtesy of OHS/ www.ohiomemory.org The refrain is a as old as the building itself, "It's ugly. It's just a giant brown box. It doesn't even look like a museum". Sadly, it's that exact line of thinking that poses the greatest threat to the building Architectural Record referre...

#library30

  On Wednesday April 1, 2026 I'll be rebooting the #library30 photo challenge and inviting people to participate in this year's event. What is it? Even though I work in a library, it's not uncommon for me (and others in the field) to look to related cultural institutions for new ideas and new perspectives. That's how #library30 happened. My wife (who worked directly with museum professionals at the time), alerted me to the #museum30 initiative that had been launched by  Magnifying Zoology  in 2017. The premise was pretty simple. Participants worked from a set of daily prompts and posted pictures on social media related to the prompt along with the #museum30 hashtag. As I followed that hashtag and saw the amazing stories that were being shared, I thought, "Libraries should do that...". And #library30 was born. A plain text list of these prompts are provided at the end of this blog post.  How does it work? All you have to do is upload a photo related to the dail...

Nordecke Misogynists F**k Off!

You know what's worse than watching the Crew SC blow a 3-0 lead to Toronto FC in the 89th minute? Watching them blow that lead while goons in the Nordecke chant: You're all a bunch of cunts! You're all a bunch of cunts! Fuck You Toronto! You're all a bunch of cunts! Seriously. People chanted this. In public. With enthusiasm. This, right here: You're all a bunch of cunts! You're all a bunch of cunts! Fuck You Toronto! You're all a bunch of cunts! And lest you think this was just an isolated case of gender specific insults conjured up by a toxic mixture of dollar beer night and fan frustration, I can assure you it's not. Gendered insults pop up in the Nordecke in a way that's as alarming as it is regular. If an opposing player gets hurt or goes down, you can expect to hear this chanted ad nauseum: She fell over! She fell over! She fell over! She fell over! Get it? Because girls can't take it. They're weak and stuff. ...