Thursday, March 28, 2013

Picking up the Pace!

I've got a show at The Ohio State University Faculty Club scheduled in November. I went and scoped out the space a few weeks ago and determined that (depending on placement) I'm going to need between 25 and 30 paintings. What's more, my friends at Hackman Frames are going to need time to get everything framed. That means it's time to pick up the pace!
 

So, I took a few days off work this week with the idea of having a stay at home vacation and getting some work knocked out; a paintcation if you will.


One thing I'm trying that's new (at least to me), is working on multiple paintings at once. I'm actually enjoying this approach. I find that I'm a little less inhibited and a little more willing to take chances. These pics give an idea of what that looks like in practice.


I'll post some updates as I finish work, but for now, wish me luck! I haven't left myself a lot of time but I think I can do it. I might have to schedule a few more paintcations though.


No comments:

Post a Comment